Baby’s first Christmas is certainly an event to be treasured. Here are some creative ways to record your first holiday together.
1. Make or buy a personalized ornament. Hang an ornament painted with your baby’s name and birthdate. Every year you can take out this ornament and remember your baby’s first Christmas.
2. Create your first annual photo ornament. Place your baby’s picture in a tiny frame and hang from your Christmas tree. Do the same thing next year and hang the two ornaments next to each other. As the years go by, you’ll have pictures of your baby from each Christmas.
3. Make a Christmas stocking from your baby’s sock. Hang an adorable miniature Christmas stocking next to yours. Decorate it with your baby’s name and the year of his first Christmas.
4. Save your baby’s first Christmas outfit. Dress her in adorable green and red Christmas clothes. These can get stored away and revisited whenever you feel like reminiscing. When you come across it again next year, you’ll realize just how much your child has grown.
5. Give your child a Christmas-themed stuffed animal. There are miniature Santas, reindeers, angels, and elves. As your child grows, you’ll always have it around reminding you of your baby’s first Christmas. It might even become your child’s best friend for a while.
6. Make or buy a personalized Christmas blanket. You can store this with your child’s first Christmas clothes and or hang it on the wall in your baby’s room — assuming you can persuade her to let go of it.
7. Give your baby a Christmas music box. These are treasures that can last a lifetime. He’ll want to fall asleep every night to the peaceful Christmas music.
8. Take plenty of pictures. Get pictures of your child’s face when he first sees the Christmas lights or when he gets his first present. Make sure to also get pictures of your newly formed family.
9. Write a letter to your child. Even though it’ll be a while before your child can read it, this letter can mean a lot to you for years to come. In your letter, tell your child how happy you are to be celebrating your first Christmas with her. Thank her for her first Christmas present to you–being born.
10. Start a Christmas scrapbook. Decorate the cover with your child’s name and birthdate. Fill it with some of your Christmas pictures and any Christmas cards to your baby. You can also write a short description of your baby’s first Christmas — what you gave him, what he ate, or what he found scary — and add it to your scrapbook.
Originally published from Parents
Official Representative: TESTEX Swiss Textile Testing Ltd., TESTEX Philippines Representative Office
TESTEX is an independent Swiss testing and certification organization operating worldwide with the focus on textile testing. In addition to its headquarters in Zurich (Switzerland), TESTEX has twelve other branch offices, including the Philippines since 2014. TESTEX has been testing, analyzing and certifying with the focus on the textile sector since 1846. The long-established company has become highly regarded, initially in Europe and subsequently also worldwide, for its high-quality services, its independence and its innovative energy.
TESTEX is one of the OFFICIAL REPRESENTATIVE of the OEKO-TEX Association. OEKO-TEX® is an International Association for research & testing in the field of Textile and Leather Ecology. It is a union of 18 independent textile research and test institutes in Europe and Japan and their worldwide official representative offices.
The core competencies provides important impulses for innovations within the textile and clothing industry, through close cooperation with the manufacturers, their accredited test systems also makes a substantial contribution to the development of high-quality textile and garments products.
The member institutes (TESTEX as one of the lead) are responsible for the joint development of test methods and limit values which form the basis of the product labels according to: Standard-100 certificate, Leather Standard-100 certificate, Made In Green label, and the production site certifications according to STeP– Sustainable Textile Production, and the Eco-Passport certificate, all by OEKO-TEX®.
Our Mission is to empower the consumers and companies to protect our planet by making responsible decisions in purchasing textiles.
OEKO-TEX® certifications is a set of tests from one stage to another, if a textile is SAFE to the human being and environment OR NOT.
The concept of OEKO-TEX® tests for harmful substances is based on a modular system. Having it possible at every stage in the textile production of fibers, yarns, textiles, dyeing and so forth.
Certificates by OEKO-TEX® is a worldwide, consistent, independent testing and certification system for raw materials, semi-finished and finished textile products at all processing stages, as well as the material accessories & trims used.
Each successful tests allows for the labeling of respective textiles/leathers or materials with the mark after certificate was issued.
Labels also applies to our textiles and garments. To help increase the awareness of our consumers about the textile & garments they are buying, CHECK the LABELS if they are EVEN SAFE.
Look for the label “Confidence in Textile”, the Key to Confidence by OEKO-TEX®
IF IT IS THERE, IT IS SAFE!
Know more about the products of PUR at the 8th Baby, Kids & Family Expo on September 1-2, 2018 at the Megatrade Hall 1, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City.